Frequently Asked Questions


Q:   Where are you located?
A:   330 W. Gray Street, 105-A Norman, Oklahoma 73069 – (Midtown Plaza Building)

Q:   When are my dues due?
A:   Dues are due on the 1st, late on the second, and accrue a finance charge if not RECEIVED by the 10th.

Q:   What do my dues pay for?
A:   Please review your governing documents, they outline the Association's responsibility in regards to expenditures. You are also welcome to attend meetings and ask questions. Make sure to be on the Agenda first. The governing documents and an agenda request form are both available on this site.  

Q:    How do I contact Maintenance?
A:     You can call Capitol Realty at 405-226-4500 and select the maintenance option.

Q:     When are the association meetings held?
A:     Cardinal Creek: – 2nd Monday of each month @ 6:00 p.m., Highland Park is the third Wednesday of each month @ 6:30 p.m. Both are held in the HOA clubhouse.

Q:     How do I shut off the water?
A:     Contact Capitol Realty or the maintenance department 24 hours in advance of the water shut-off. Highland Park only shuts off water on Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. to noon (so install shut-off valves immediately), Cardinal Creek can be shut off on most days with 24-hour notice. No water shut off before 10:00 a.m.

Q:     Who shuts off the water when I have a plumber out to do repairs?
A:     Your licensed plumber needs to turn on and off the water.

Q:     I received an invoice for plumbing (or other) repairs, who do I see about this?
A:     This is a matter for the Board of Directors, you will need to be on the Agenda to be heard at the next meeting.

Q:     Is the Association approved for FHA loans?

Q:     How do I get a gate code?
A:     Only residents can get a gate code. Absentee owners must have a remote ($ 60). Contact Capitol Realty at 405-226-4500 with your information. It takes up to 24-hours to update a gate code.

Q:     I’ve lost my parking permit/pool pass/facility key, how do I get another?
A:     Replacements are available from Capitol Realty, the costs range from $ 15-50, depending on the item.

Q:     What does the By-laws say about (insert any matter)?
A:     The By-laws and C.C.&R’s are binding documents that you should have reviewed prior to purchasing your unit. If you have not yet done so, read them, as they are the governing documents for the HOA. The management company, employees, or maintenance individuals do not interpret the governing documents. If you are unclear as to a meaning you may want to seek legal counsel for an opinion.

Q:     I’ve received a courtesy/warning/fine notice, what do I do?
A:     If you’ve received one of these notices it is because you are not in compliance with the governing documents or rules and regulations, READ THE BACK SIDE OF THE NOTICE! The back side of the notice provides you with all of the information you need to address the issue. Failure to comply to a courtesy or warning notice will result in a fine.

Q:     My insurance company wants proof of insurance, where do I get it?
A:     There is a form on this site that you can fax to the insurance company for a certification letter. There is also a link that will allow you to email them. The insurance carrier is Universal Insurance Agency in Oklahoma City - 405-799-3311

Q:     My check hasn’t cleared yet, what do I do?
A:     Checks are posted in batches, which means that it may be a couple of days before it is posted. Because of the volume of checks, the management company does not look up posted checks. You should contact your financial institution to check to see if it has cleared. The management company sends out delinquent notices after the 10th, if your check did not arrive, you will receive notice.

Q:     My account balance is wrong, whom can I talk to about that?
A:     You may request an audit by submitting the following: It is important to note that the management company only has on hand what it is currently reporting on your statement, thus, you will need to provide the information on the aforementioned link.

Q:     I am delinquent on my dues, what can I do?
A:     You may make a request for payment terms to the Board of Directors. 

Q:     How do I get on the Agenda to address the Board of Directors?

© 2016 by Capitol Realty. Proudly created with

  • Facebook - White Circle
  • Twitter - White Circle
  • Google+ - White Circle